There are various opportunities at the CAC for students who need internship experience.
The process to intern at the CAC has a few steps. Below the basic steps are listed.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete application
- Submit application and resume.
- If your skillset and academic needs are a good fit for the CAC you will be asked to come to our center for an interview and a tour.
- Attend the 8 hours required training for all volunteers and interns.
- Fill out the additional required paperwork, including a Criminal Background Check and Fingerprinting.
- Meet with the Donor Relations and Events Coordinator to confirm your schedule.
- Let the work begin!
*** Typically, the Intern Class begins at the beginning of August and then again at the beginning of January.
Our Internship and Volunteer Program for Spring 2021 is now full.** We look forward to hearing from you in Summer 2021.
For more information and the application please contact Hannah Gunter at 423-266-6918 or email@example.com.
Internships Offered at This Time:
- Client Services Intern- The Client Services intern (CS) will work with the CAC staff on various projects that may include but are not limited to: assisting with incoming clients, record keeping, following up with past clients, assisting with the Family Advocate program, transcribing forensic interviews, and any other daily needs of the center.
- Communications Intern- The Communications Intern will work with the CAC staff on various writing projects that may include, but are not limited to procedure manuals, training, website postings/blogs, and grant applications.
The supervision schedule will be at a minimum weekly, more if needed.
All documents/projects mentioned below will have structured work plans that include time for editing for both content and structure.
- Intensive Writing and Editing Intern- The W&E Intern will work with the CAC staff on various writing projects that may include, but are not limited to procedure manuals, training's, website postings, social media, and grant applications.