Donor Relations & Events Coordinator
Children’s Advocacy Center: The Emmy Haney House
Do you like not having a “typical day?” Are you amazingly talented at keeping track of all kinds of tiny details? Do you want to be challenged at work, meet lots of people, have a lot of fun, and inspired frequently? Most importantly, do you want to be part of team that makes a significant impact in the lives of children?
- Plan and manage fundraising and agency special events
- Coordinate various third-party fundraising events
- Coordinate fundraising activities with the Director EA, ED, and Board of Directors
- Support Director EA on the planning and management of fundraising campaigns and events including developing calendars and work plans
- Assist in meeting agency development goals
- Implement engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance awareness and grow revenue of the organization
- Identify and research grant opportunities
- Write quality grant proposals for foundations, corporations, and other entities as assigned
- Donor Relations
- Assist with identification, cultivation, and stewardship of prospective individual and corporate donors
- Plan and manage agency fundraising events including calendars and action plans
- Maintain active membership in community agencies as assigned
- Serve as a member of the EA Department team with responsibility to assist with public relations, community outreach, child abuse education/training, social marketing, and volunteer activities as directed
- Formulate press releases, newsletter stories, website copy, social marketing materials, and other items for publications as directed
- Manage and maintain comprehensive donor database
- Process donations, generate and track tax-receipts and acknowledgement letters
- Assist in the production, coordination, and implementation of solicitation materials
- Prepare reports based on funding requirements
- Develop work plans, calendars, and documents related to events, fundraising, and development
- BS or BA in Communications, Business, Public Relations, Non Profit Management, or other related fields
- Commitment to serving children who are victims of child sexual abuse
- Minimum three to five years of experience in event planning and donor relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Careful attention to detail and able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of autonomy
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, fundraising software, and other technologies related to web design and/ or social media are desirable
- Experience in the fields of child abuse, sexual violence, domestic violence is desirable
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time, exempt position, working 40 hours per week.
- Salary offer will be dependent on experience.
- We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- We provide 17 days of Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule.
- We provide medical and vision insurance with the CACHC covering 90% of the costs of the insurance package. We provide life insurance and short-term disability insurance, with CACHC covering 100% of the costs.
- CAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application deadline is Wednesday March 6, 2019
Interviews to begin immediately thereafter
Expected start date is late March
Apply to: CAC Office Administrator, Carol Johnson at email@example.com